Sunday, August 16, 2009

AN INTERVIEW WITH ADAM KOROL



One of Brockport's newest students and hockey players is Adam Korol, a 6'2", 185-pound defenseman from Hurley, NY who played in 40 games for the Walpole Express last season. Here's an interview with Adam...



What's your hockey history?


07-09 Walpole Express (AJHL)
06-07 Hudson Valley Eagles (MJHL) / Brewster Bulldogs (Empire Jr. B)
05-06 Albany Jr River Rats (CHA)


How would you describe your style of play?

Stay at home defenseman


The GM of the Walpole Express, Rob Barletta, calls you "Mr. Steady." How did that name come about?


Mr. Barletta and my coach at the time Chris Cerrella used to call me that. It was because I played hard and consistent every game.


Who are your all-time favorite NHL players and why?

I'm a Devils fan so players like Brodeur, Stevens, and Daneyko


What sold you on Brockport?

The players, when I came to visit, were great and made it a fun time for me. Also, the in-state tuition helped my decision a lot, being from New York.