Thursday, November 10, 2016

VISNICK COMMITS TO BROCKPORT



Shane Visnick, a forward for the Hartford Jr. Wolfpack, has committed to SUNY Brockport for the Fall of 2017. The Wolfpack captain has 16 points in first 14 games so far this season.

"Shane is a great leader, teammate, and player, and he is going to have a fantastic college hockey playing career," said Wolfpack head coach Chris Cerrella. "The SUNY is a great league and I believe it fits him well. Coach Dickinson did a great job recruiting him and I am very happy for him and for Brockport. We have a lot of players thriving in that league and I think Shane will follow in the footsteps of our other alumni doing well at the D-III level. He will be joining former Wolfpack players, Doc Gentzler, Ryan Kangas and Dave Horan at Brockport. I wish the Visnick family the best of luck."

The native of Boca Raton, Florida is in his 2nd season with the Wolfpack, after playing for the Florida Jr. Blades. Last season, Visnick tallied 33 points in 46 total games for Hartford, three of which came in the playoffs. The '96 forward is on pace to blow past those numbers this season, and is excited about his college hockey future.

"I am very excited to be joining the Golden Eagles next season and starting my next step in life," said Visnick. I left my visit to Brockport and was very impressed with the academics they offer as well as the top-notch facilities. I cannot thank Coach Dickinson and the Brockport staff enough for giving me this great opportunity to play college hockey and earn a college degree. I would like to especially thank Coach Cerrella for everything he has done for me in this process, I came to the Wolfpack to play for him knowing if I earned it, he would get me to the next level. I lastly would like to thank my Mom, Dad and brother for always supporting me through my journey. It was a long road, but I could not have made it without them. There is only one thing left to do and that is to make sure I get prepared for the next level and I end my junior career the best way I can and that's trying to lead my team to an EHL championship."