Monday, November 23, 2015

GENTZLER COMMITS TO BROCKPORT




The Hartford Jr Wolfpack is proud to announce that crafty forward Doc Gentzler has committed to SUNY Brockport for continue his academic and hockey career. Gentzler will join former Wolfpack forwards Dave Horan and Ryan Kangas who are both sophomores at Brockport.

The Manhattan Beach, CA native has 19 points in 15 games this season for the Pack and has become a top forward and in just 15 games with the Wolfpack received his college hockey offer setting him up for the next four season.

"Doc came to us after spending time in the NAHL and USPHL last season. He obviously made the right choice of where to play his last season of juniors as he had about 12 schools who wanted him next season. He is a very skilled and feisty player and has brought a lot to our team offensively so far, I think Brockport got a gem he is going to be very good at the next level. We want to wish him and his family the best as he prepares for college hockey and the new chapter in his academic life," said Chris Cerrella.

With more than half a season to play Gentzler has just one more wish before heading off to the next level and that is helping his teammates get college exposure and to continue winning games with a goal of going all the way to the end.

"The decision process was very long and difficult I was fortunate to have a lot of choices but I am happy with my decision and very excited to be joining the Golden Eagles family. I would like to thank Coach Cerrella and all the boys on my team for everything they have done for me this season. I would also like to thank my dad and mom for supporting me through this long journey. Knowing that I have a place to call home for the next four seasons is a huge relief, more importantly I will walk out of there with a college degree. Before I leave Hartford I have one thing on my list and it is to bring a Championship to the Wolfpack," said Gentzler.