Wednesday, August 21, 2019

D3Hockey.com has been retired

Ray Biggs, editor of D3Hockey.com, announced today in a series of tweets that his website is no more.

I appreciate everything Ray has done through the years -- his website entertained and educated those of us who love our DIII hockey. Luckily, Ray is still deeply involved with the sport in a variety of ways.

Here are his tweets...

After a lot of thought and reflection this offseason, I have decided to relinquish editorship of http://D3hockey.com. The demands of running the site as a volunteer endeavor, in addition to multiple jobs, simply became too great.

It gives me no pleasure to have to make that move. Unfortunately having this website stacked on top of two jobs on weekends in the winter was a bit more than the hours in the day held, and trying to finish the site's work while falling asleep was all too frequent.

I love the game very much to this day, and will continue to be involved in it in so many ways, including my work at Utica, the UCHC, and http://NCAA.com. And I will tinker with keeping this {Twitter} account going as a resource. But running the site is no longer possible.

Thanks to each and every one of you for making this site a reality. We couldn't have done any of it without you. I'll see you all at the rink this winter, and every winter.