Thursday, February 23, 2012

NEWS STORY ABOUT BROCKPORT RECRUIT PFEFFER

Former SV Raider Pfeffer to play hockey at Brockport

The sport of ice hockey has taken former Seneca Valley forward Logan Pfeffer places. As a junior and again as a senior in high school, Pfeffer helped the Raiders get to the Penguins Cup finals.

From the high school ranks, he then was a factor in the Ontario Junior Hockey League with the Streetsville Derbys before moving on to play for the Dixie BeeHives. Pfeffer then caught on with the Mississauga Chargers, where he was third on the team in scoring with 22 points in 43 games.

Despite having played all over Canada, playing college hockey was always in the plans for Pfeffer at some point, and with the timing right, he accepted a scholarship from Brockport in New York, where he will play for the Golden Eagles for the next four years.

"I had six schools recruiting me, but when I visited most of them, they were missing something with either the academics or hockey," Pfeffer said. "But, Brockport was the whole package. Great academics, a nice campus, and the coaches told me how I would be a fit."

Pfeffer's scoring prowess was enticing to a team that will graduate a lot of firepower this year.

"They saw my speed and skill and said I would be a factor as a freshman," Pfeffer said. "They want me to play right away.

"And, I will be near Buffalo, so my family can come see me play sometimes."

Pfeffer could play a great deal, as he has seen a lot of action against Canada's finest players in the OJHL for two years.

Pfeffer said that a lot of freshmen coming into college are bigger and stronger because they play for a few years before committing to college.

"I am bigger, stronger and have more weight on me," he said. "I was playing against a high level of talent in junior hockey, and my overall game is better."

Pfeffer got a good vibe from the Golden Eagles when he visited, and said he liked the way the team supports one another.

In 93 OJHL games Pfeffer tallied 23 goals and 32 assists.



Source:

http://www.yourcranberry.com/news/article/former-sv-raider-pfeffer-play-hockey-brockport


____