Monday, March 2, 2009

HOW MY PREDICTIONS PLAYED OUT



In the season preview I denounced what was the general consensus around the league towards Brockport. Everyone had the team ranked dead last in the conference and they had the Golden Eagles pegged as one of the worst teams in DIII.

I, on the other hand, disagreed with them and thought that the team would be better than advertised.

I was pretty darn close in my assessment.

I predicted that in the regular season they'd go 12-11-2. I was one victory and one tie off: Brockport was 13-9-3.

I also predicted that in regular season SUNYAC play they'd go 6-8-2. Once again, I was one victory off. They were 7-7-2.

To see how I originally thought the season might go, check out the 2008-2009 preview here:

http://brockporthockey.blogspot.com/2008/10/2008-2009-preview-better-than.html